Opus is a recognised leader in earthquake engineering and can offer our clients a comprehensive range of services and experience built up over many decades of pioneering work in this field.
Earthquake engineering is a wide field that encompasses a broad range of specialist skills ranging from geology, seismology, geotechnical and structural engineering to risk analysis. We have built up expertise in all these areas and have applied these skills successfully to an extensive portfolio of projects ranging from building and industrial structures to energy and infrastructure projects.
Through our multi-disciplinary approach we are not only able to provide our clients with comprehensive earthquake risk assessment services but also cost and time efficient risk management solutions.
The range of services that we offer include:
- Determination of seismic hazard including ground shaking intensity, liquefaction slope failure and tsunami risk
- Regional seismic hazard and risk studies including $ losses, lifeline restoration times and numbers of casualties
- Estimation of earthquake damage to buildings and infrastructure and subsequent impact on operations
- Estimation of earthquake damage repair costs and business interruption costs for insurance purposes
- Advice on earthquake risk management options for critical infrastructure
- Analysis for seismic loads and design for seismic resistance
- Survey and assessment of the seismic performance of existing structures and equipment
- Development of earthquake strengthening schemes and cost benefit analysis
- Response spectrum and time-history structural analyses
- Soil-structure and fluid-structure interaction studies
- Full scale and model testing of structural components and equipment at our Central Laboratories